About This Podcast
A resource for parents who are feeling outpaced and overwhelmed as they raise children in a tech world. Our goal: Equip parents with the tools, resources, and confidence they need to raise kids who love God and use tech. Join us every Tuesday for a new episode!
About The Hosts
Hi, we’re Nathan and Anna Sutherland. We’ve been married nearly 16 years. As millennials, we remember getting off the couch to change the channel AND we get frustrated with poor wifi. We’re committed to reminding families how Jesus changes everything: even our tech use.
Sometimes tech is just too much for a child, or for a season, and we need to take a step back. I want you to know two things:
- It’s reasonable and loving to remove unhealthy tech. Take a tech break.
- Tech breaks need to be 30 days.
If you’ve given a RESET, found there’s an issue, and tried to manage the problematic tech but to no avail–it’s time for a tech break. In today’s conversation we’ll discuss:
- taking 30 days away from unhealthy tech to reset your child’s brain
- using a RESET to start the conversation
- building a hedge around your family (family tech framework)
- how this is both Biblical (remove, Matthew 5:28-30) (raise up, Prov. 22:6) (good fruit vs. bad fruit, Gal. 5:19-22) and loving (give child an egg, not a scorpion (Lk. 11:11)
Finally we’ll talk about replacing with Analog Adventures-pace of real life and how to introduce the tech back again after 30 days. Keep in mind, there’s always a chance you won’t replace it.
Show Notes: https://bit.ly/3PQgWJk
Don’t forget to…
to receive each new episode automatically.
this podcast with a friend.
on your platform of choice.